Monday, March 14, 2011

Wasn't This Supposed To Be An Anthropology Blog?

Yes. Yes it was, and yes it is, actually.

I'm going to this conference in the fall, and I'm hoping to present a poster based on my summer research. Specifically, the anthropology of "museum people" and how public perceptions of what anthropology is and what it should be shape the way museums present material and curate objects. I've kinda been thinking about museum archaeology a lot recently. Depending on how this summer goes, I may look into it further for grad school and a career track.

This summer, for those of you who read this and don't know– and I can't imagine that's very many of you– I've got an internship at the Field Museum in Chicago. Ten weeks of working in the most glorious place on earth.

So yeah, brief update on how this blog actually serves a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment