Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stonehenge and Bath- Pictures

The rest of my Stonehenge and Bath stuff is going to be pretty philosophical and anthropologically concentrated, so if you're not interested in that, or you just want to see pictures, this is the post for you!

From left to right: Other Caitlin, Kimberly, Anna-na-na, me, tourists, rocks.

Me. In a picture. Willingly. Holy crap.

Stonehenge's footpath is pretty amazing. From several angles, it's totally possible to get shots with no people. Here's what it looked like when we got there...

Five minutes later, on the other side of the stones. Where did the people go?

Another angle

Yet another angle.
Aaaaand how about some of Bath?

The tower of the Bath Abbey. We couldn't go in, unfortunately.

More abbey. I kept looking for mice and squirrels, for some reason...

Cool fountain. I have no idea who that man is.

ARCHITECTURE.

A view of the River Avon.

This is the Pulteney Bridge, one of only four shop-lined bridges in the world. It was designed by Robert Adams in the 18th century.

A much prettier view of the river.

And some pigeons!

I, uh, never found out the name of this church. But isn't Bath a lovely town?

This is part of the old medieval town wall. The plaque told me so.

The Circus, a lovely example of Georgian architecture.

The Royal Crescent, another lovely example of Georgian architecture. I *think* that's my roommate Kelly taking a picture there.

No comments:

Post a Comment